Saturday, September 6, 2008

14th Step closer to saving $10,000


Trade off baby sitting.

My baby sitter charges $10 an hour. I pay it because I can absolutely trust her, but it increases the price of a movie by at lease $30, more if we have drinks out. I realize we also have friends with kids of similar age who want to see a movie once in a while so here’s the trade off. While one couple goes to a movie or takes 3 hours out, the other couple or member of the other couple stays at their house and watches their child or children.
For example: Our friends, Couple A, want to catch a movie Saturday afternoon. My wife or I will walk over and keep an eye on their toddler while they enjoy the movie. If timed right it will even be nap time. A 3 hour outing every two weeks is a $60 savings a month or $720 a year.

No comments: